Hey Y'all!

It took me awhile to get here, but alas I'm finally joining the blogosphere of bloviation. It took a rant floating around in my head to send me toward this journey, but so be it. We'll have some fun here too. I promise. Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to leave me a comment or two. ~ diane


Saturday, June 25, 2011

My New Baby!

Shameless promotion alert: my newest book is now available on Kindle! Actually, it's a novella. Meaning it's a quick read and perfect for summer. And if you don't have a Kindle, not to worry. You can download Kindle for PC for free on your computer or laptop, iPad, or iPhone. If none of those are an option, a paperback copy of the entire collection of these novellas will be available sometime next year. But enough about the logistics. Let me tell you all about my new baby!

Tea with Emma is the first in a series called "The Teacup Novellas." Lucy Alexander has a serious case of writers' block. That is, until her UPS guy delivers a box of vintage teacups - a gift from the estate of her late Aunt Lucille, her namesake. The teacups immediately take her back to memories of those many summers she spent with her beloved aunt and the special tea parties they'd share when Aunt Lucille would tell her all those wonderful stories. Suddenly the stories rush through Lucy's mind like so many movie scenes all vying for her attention. And as those stories bombard her, she realizes her writers' block has disappeared. A series of novellas begin to unfold in her mind. The first, a modern-day take of Jane Austen's Emma . . .

Fresh from a Jane Austen tour in England, Maddie Cooper returns home to Texas, determined to bring a touch of “Austen to Austin.” She dreams of opening an authentic English tea room and, like Austen’s Emma, put into practice her self-proclaimed gift as a matchmaker. But an airport mishap with a cranky Englishman gets her off on the wrong foot (quite literally), especially when he moves into the university guest house across the street. Can Maddie find a love for her unapproachable new neighbor, or has she finally met her match?

I've had so much fun working on these stories, plus Lucy's story line which continues in the prologues and epilogues of the following novellas. Each is a stand-alone story which includes a sub-plot about a vintage teacup. 

Teacups? Why teacups? Well, you see, I once inherited a collection of vintage teacups from one of my favorite aunts. Just sayin' . . .

You'll be happy to know Tea with Emma is available for only 99 cents at Amazon. C'mon, you can't even buy a cup of coffee for 99 cents anymore! And did you know you can send an e-book as a gift via email? Treat yourself and your friends to a fun read, then drop me a line and let me know how you like it.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this story! A great start to a great series!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored this book and left a review on Amazon. Think I found another favorite author! I love all things Jane Austen and a book well written. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete