Hey Y'all!

It took me awhile to get here, but alas I'm finally joining the blogosphere of bloviation. It took a rant floating around in my head to send me toward this journey, but so be it. We'll have some fun here too. I promise. Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to leave me a comment or two. ~ diane


Thursday, March 4, 2010

God is soooooo good

Sometimes I feel so isolated here, parked in front of my computer for hours on end. Yesterday I was lost inside that world, launching this blog and working on book edits, etc. Then late last night I found a text message from one of my dearest friends on my cell phone. After years of praying, her prodigal son has come home. Well, not under her roof, but in his words, "God broke me tonight." He apologized for the heartache he's given her over the years. This, from a kid who just a couple weeks ago was just moments away (as in, waiting at his gate in the airport) from moving to Australia just for the heck of it. But something stopped him.

Or should I say "Someone."

In the midst of heartache over our kids, when we read the words of Proverbs 22:6 telling us to "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it," sometimes it all just sounds like an empty promise. But God doesn't give empty promises. We may not see answers to our prayers on our own timetables, but He will never ignore our prayers.

I cried like a baby when I read that text message. And today I'm praising God for the return of this precious prodigal, and thanking Him for answering our prayers concerning him. I'm also lifting up a special prayer for ALL those prodigals who have yet to come home.

As the plaque on my wall says, "Never never never give up." AMEN?!

No comments:

Post a Comment