Hey Y'all!

It took me awhile to get here, but alas I'm finally joining the blogosphere of bloviation. It took a rant floating around in my head to send me toward this journey, but so be it. We'll have some fun here too. I promise. Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to leave me a comment or two. ~ diane


Friday, March 26, 2010

Some days are just like that . . .

Whenever I'm having a tough day (or week or month), I know I can find encouragement in the Psalms. It's why I gravitate back toward that book in the center of my Bible over and over again. Especially when my spirit seems to be dragging or my hopes seem stuck in neutral.

This morning I read one of my favorite chapters, Psalm 34. Here are a few of the verses I love:

Verse 1:  "I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth."
Verse 4:  "I sought the Lord, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears."
Verse 8:  "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!"
Verse 17:  "When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles."

But on those days when I'm really struggling, this next verse is the one I cling to. For years, I've prayed this verse for others who have suffered heartache or struggled with depression. But if I'm honest, I too have clung to these words when the day seems dark or hope seems distant.

Verse 18:  "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."

Maybe you're bouncing off the walls today, thrilled it's finally Friday! Or maybe life has been especially good and all your hopes and dreams are falling right into place. But if today isn't the brightest of days, or your heart just kinda aches a little - even if you don't have a clue as to WHY - then feel free to claim this verse for yourself and linger in its promise.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I have been leaving my Bible on the counter open to Psalms and whenever I feel myself kind of "slipping" I just start reading where I left off. (Thanks to FBL!!)

    ReplyDelete