Hey Y'all!

It took me awhile to get here, but alas I'm finally joining the blogosphere of bloviation. It took a rant floating around in my head to send me toward this journey, but so be it. We'll have some fun here too. I promise. Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to leave me a comment or two. ~ diane


Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday's Verse

I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

I love this verse. And I cling to it with all I've got, especially whenever the going gets rough. It reminds me that no matter what happens, I'll get through it because I'm not alone. It reminds me that He's always there for me, in the good times and the bad.

But it also reminds me where to keep MY focus. I have set the Lord continually before me. Not beside me. Not behind me. Before me. Where I can more easily follow His lead. I have only to look up and see Him there ahead of me, then follow in His footsteps.

I was always curious why the Bible so often places so much significance on the "right hand." I did a little research and learned that it signifies a place of distinction, favor and honor; a place of wisdom. So if He is at "my right hand," I have acknowledged His authority, giving Him that position of honor and wisdom. I have recognized He is worthy to lead me and guide me.

I don't know about you, but in these days of such confusion and angst and uncertainty, that's exactly where He needs to be! I gladly step aside and give Him the controls.

How about you?

1 comment: